Monday 21 November 2011

Art Class Pay offs!

Hannah smiling after threats to tickle her, if she didn't smile pretty for the camera

I know it's grainy but what a cutie

my first attempt before art class at a self portrait

first attempt at a portrait of Hannah

my fist, 

these are drawn in blind contour, that is looking only at your hand and not at the paper


second attempt at a self portrait before I was even in a class

old portrait done before I took the class

this is a gift I did a year ago for Alice, I copied it off a photo

here it is with the photo

charcoal (done while in class) finding light and shadow

hand done in class

blind contour

eyes and Dr, Phil

Hannah and Joshua

this is from a live model in class (first portrait)

Lucy (done off of T.V)

live model in class



a student in class ( she was drawing the model as well)

model in class

blind contour of model above

Hans

live model

live model 

live models (Hannah and friend)

live model


my boys

charcoal 

charcoal

charcoal  first portrait

live model in charcoal 

piano player in pencil 
Well to much demand here are some of (all)  the items mommy has created, and there may be a familiar face or two.. Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Those drawings are ART! Thank you for sharing your tiny steps into your wonderful creative gifted world. The people I would know, I completely recognized, there are features of yourself on your first attempt that made me go "wow, she hit it".
    You have a gift, I'm so very very happy you are cultivating it. Don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing work! I'm so glad that you are able to have some time to grow in your artistic ability! Keep it up:)
    Love ya,
    W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting up your artwork. We loved looking at it and now you have digital copies as well, including records of things that you have done. Great job! I also tried my hand at blind contour drawings in a art class I did in University. My instructor was trying to teach us how to use art in the classroom, by making us do a serious of art projects. I have also kept many art projects from over the years, now they just give me ideas for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete